Do you know what this year is? It’s our anniversary!
2014 is a very special year for the Black Female Development Circle, Inc. because we are celebrating our 20-year anniversary! It is hard to believe that our incredible organization has been around for two decades, serving as a support system for women of color.
Today we honor our founders, celebrate the vision of our incorporators, thank our members, and show appreciation for the leadership of our national board members – past and present. Without all of these phenomenal women, we would not be here today.
Since 1994 we have:
– Witnessed and supported the development of hundreds of women.
– Created opportunities for our Alumni to remain involved with our organization.
– Hosted 6 Purple Power Seminars
– Convened 4 National Conferences
– Crowned 2 National Miss Woman of Excellence pageant winners
– Established 8 chapters across the country.
While we are proud of these and other accomplishments, we realize our best is yet to come! We will continue to be intentional. We will continue to be BFDC ON PURPOSE!
Cheers to the next 20 years of Educating, Exploring, Enhancing and Celebrating Womanhood!
This past week we revealed the new BFDC 20 year logo! Special thanks goes to Mallize Wilkes from the Florida State University chapter for creating this beautiful new design.